The Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games will take place from July 23 through August 8, 2021. Sailing events will take place at the Enoshima Yacht Harbour in Enoshima, Japan. Up to 15 athletes will represent the United States in 10 sailing events. The Sailing Events will consist of 350 Athletes sailing 250 boats in 10 events.
Carmen & Emma’s Objective:
- Qualify the United States for the Women’s Two Person Dinghy 470
- Qualify as the Athlete Team to represent the United States in the Women’s Two Person Dinghy 470
Carmen & Emma are determined to bring home the gold, and they have a proven method of achieving success. By utilizing “Arcs”, Carmen & Emma are able to step back and see how they are doing in a class compared to where they need to be to become the best.
The qualification process and Carmen & Emma’s ‘Arc’ plan are described in greater detail through the Tokyo 2020NE dropdown menu, under Training Plan and Qualifications.
Carmen & Emma transitioned from the I-420 into the 470 in September 2018. Carmen & Emma have found tremendous success in the I-420 class. Here are some of their biggest victories:
- I-420 World Sailing Youth World Championships (2018)
- I-420 Midwinters Championships (2018)
- I-420 World Sailing Youth World Championships (2017)
- I-420 Midwinters Championships (2017)
- I-420 National Championships (2016)